The Toddler program affords the very young child the opportunity to interact with his/her peers to develop
socialization skills. Other areas that will be developed are self-awareness and sharing.
Fine motor skills will also be enhanced through one- on – one instruction to work with various materials such as
paint, clay, crayons, glue, etc.
Gross motor skills will also be developed through music/dance, group activity play in the gym, etc.
There will be basic, simple beginning reading techniques honed through weekly projects relating to the alphabet.
Mathematics and Language Arts
- Letter and number recognition (1-5)
- Matching skills
- Flannel board activities
Fine Motor Skills
- Proper guidance in the use of scissors, crayons, paintbrush and paste
- Eye, hand and foot coordination
- Use of sorted manipulative materials
Gross Motor Skills
- Creative movement
- Building blocks
- Respect for oneself, friends and property
- Taking turns
- Clean up
- Self-esteem and identity
- Body parts